We have an exciting opportunity arisen within our long established Dunkeld Practice for a Senior Dental Nurse, this position has arisen due to our current senior nurse being promoted within infinityblu. At infinityblu Dental Care & Implant Clinic we pride ourselves on the friendly and supportive environment we have created.
We aim to always deliver the best quality care possible for our patients and enable our staff to deliver that through digital excellence and high-tech equipment to enable our dental teams to carry out their work efficiently and effectively.
We also aim to continuously develop our staff by providing opportunities and career pathways for everyone to develop and enhance their skills through training. Join us in our ever-growing team whose aim is always to provide the best service putting the patients at the heart of the business. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about dentistry, keen to continue to improve their knowledge in the industry and support their team to deliver the best possible service to our patients.
Pay: Starts from £13.65 per hour
Starting from 27 hours per week
The Job Role:
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available.
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instruction.
- To maintain and increase competence in nursing skills by actively following a programme of continuing professional development.
- Dealing with clinical issues regarding Dental Nurses, ICP or Equipment and liaising with Practice Manager if issues are not able to be resolved at Senior Nurse level.
- Maintaining Equipment, reporting issues and log records
- Liaise with Practice Manager & Front of House Administrator to manage annual leave requests and Staff rotas.
- Conducting recruitment interviews alongside Practice Manager for Qualified and/or Trainee Dental Nurses
- Trainee mentor
- Communication with Trainee Dental Nurse Tutor for progress reviews
- Emergency drugs checks
- Stock ordering and monitoring
- Checking stock deliveries
- Chairing Dental Nurse meetings – agenda & minutes
- Supporting the Practice Manager in preparing for CPI
- Complete training for specialised services across all Iblu sites and conduct in house training for relevant team members.
- Patient Complaint handling at SDN level
The role suits an individual who:
- Is GDC registered with 4 years Qualified Dental Nurse experience
- Is an excellent Team player with strong relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Has a friendly, helpful demeanour with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Is enthusiastic about the practice, culture and vision
- Is punctual and has effective time management skills
- Is professional and leads by example
- Is honest, trust-worthy, and reliable.
- Is highly organised
- Leadership skills
- Excellent listening skills and showing empathy to the needs of your Dental nurse team
- Be highly organised and structured
- Ability to adapt in accordance with business needs
Benefits we offer you:
- Private Health Insurance with Vitality Health
- Additional Company Sick pay
- Holidays 28 days per year (prorated if working part time)
- Extra day's paid holiday for your birthday
- Monthly Pension Contributions Employee 5% Infinityblu 3%
- GDC Registration paid by Practice
- Indemnity Cover paid by Practice
- Iblu Staff & Family dental discount benefits
- Tech Scheme Discount
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Team days out Biannually
- Training Costs covered
Stay informed on exclusive offers, news and practice updates